Day 5 of Blogmas: Winter Skincare Survival Guide

Welcome to day 5 of blogmas! Be sure to have a look the previous days if you haven't already!

For this one, I thought I'd go through my usual skincare during the winter, as my routine usually adapts to the changes in the weather.


Even though I have combination/oily skin, as the cold weather does really rehydrate your skin, it is important to keep moisturising (yes! even with oily skin) because most of the time, you will find that your skin is producing more oils on your face because you are dehydrated, so may sure to drink plenty of water and opt for an oil free moisturiser if you suffer from oily skin, or a moisturiser that is tainted towards your usual skin type. My holy grail moisturiser is the L'Oreal Hydra Genius, it smells amazing and isn't too heavy on the skin!

I have also recently been in love with the Botanics concentrate serum, I use this mostly at night time, allowing it to work its magic, I really massage this into my skin to hep bring the red blood cells to surface and promote the blood flowing around my skin. It leaves my skin feeling so so smooth!


Seeing as the cold weather makes my skin a bit more sensitive, I tend to not really exfoliate my skin as much as  I usually would exfoliate with, as they can irritate my skin during winter. I have recently been using the T-Zone Charcoal & Bamboo cleansing wipes to help bring out any excess dirt and oils that have been on my skin, they do have a tiny bit of a rough texture to them too which helps to very gently exfoliate the skin without irritating it at all.

Whether I am wearing makeup or not, I always cleanse my face with the Garnier micellar water, to help hydrate my skin even more so that my skin doesn't overproduce any oils, which as I previously said is a sign of dehydration. Everyone loves a Garnier micellar water don't they?

Lastly, I will, once or twice a week, depending if my skin is having a bad spell, will do a face mask to help treat my skin just that little bit more, I usually opt for a sheet mask, as they are the most hydrating I feel and are easy to apply and (mostly) mess free. My favourites at the moment are the Simple sheet masks, I have tried 2 out of the 3 varieties and they did wonders for me!

However, if I feel like my skin really needs some help in drawing out the impurities, I will use the T-Zone charcoal & bamboo peel off mask.

This is largely what I stick to during the winter months, as it really helps to hydrate my skin but also keep any excess oils away. Does your skincare routine change during winter?


DAY 5 LookFantastic Beauty Advent Calendar:

I got a BalanceMe Micellar water! 



No comments