February Birchbox Unboxing!

After seeing countless of adverts about Birchbox on youtube, I decided to bite the builet and get a £12.95 a month subscription for it. If you don't know what Birchbox is, its basically a subscription service from which you get a box every month that includes beauty samples that match your beauty profile on their site. You also get a full size product in every box of something that is currently on promotion.


List of products inside:

Full size Spectrum C06 Brush: RRP £4.99
A sample of the NUXE Huile Prodigieuse Oil: RRP £17.99 for 50ml
A sample of POP Beauty trio eyeshadow: RRP £15.50 for 10 eyeshadows and brush.
A sample of Beaver Professional Daily Moisture Conditioning Spray: RRP £11.50 for 150ml
And One KEEOME Hydration Therapy Mask: RRP £29.00 for 6 (£4.83) for 1

What do I think of these products?

The spectrum brush I LOVE! It blends my eyeshadows really well and it is super super soft. The small point at the end of the brush helps to get into my crease as well. To be honest I had very high expectations for this brush, as Spectrum are widely known for creating some of the best brushes.



I have used the NUXE Oil a couple of times, but very sparingly as it is only a small size and I have oily skin as well, so adding too much excess oil may make my skin worse, I mix it in with my Dermalogica Matte Moisturiser every other night massaging it in thoroughly all over my skin and my neck. Seeing as this is multi-purpose oil, it can be used all over the face, body and even hair which I haven't tried yet! I have to say I do wake up with smoother, but not (as) oily skin. Mixing it into my moisturiser really helps.


I have used the Beaver Professional Daily Moisture Conditioning Spray once, and it does smell a bit chemically, but it is bearable. Having thick hair as well I do get a lot of tangles especially after showering, when I sprayed it onto my damp hair from mid-length down. When I sprayed it, the product doesn't distribute everywhere it only goes where you spray it, if you know what I mean. After drying my hair it felt so so smooth and there were absolutely no tangles, so apart from the smell which I personally am not a fan of, this product definitely does the job.





I love all the colours in this trio eyeshadow, you're able to use all 3 of them in one look. They are super pigmented, which I am very happy about. This brand I had never actually heard of so was a bit sceptical of how they would turn out but I am very very happy and I am considering re-purchasing the full sized palette, as I think £15.50 for 10 colours is reasonable. I love the colours too, the transition to neutral colours and then to a warmer colour is right up my street.


Seeing as there was only one mask in the Birchbox from KEEMO I made sure I didnt use it until the day I started writing this post, because I have oily skin as I've mentioned before, I am very cautious about adding excess moisture to my face, but I wanted to try this anyway, on the back of the packet it says 'The KEEMO Hydration Therapy Mask has been created to help you recover from the stresses and strains of everyday life that causes your skin to feel greasy, dry or tired' So from this, I gathered that it caters to all skin types. The KEEMO Mask is supposed to 'create a barrier on top of the serum and reduces contact with air, allowing more of the vitamins and active ingredients to be absorbed into your skin'. I was very excited to try this mask, and recently I have been really obsessing over sheet masks.

VERDICT: Upon opening the packet and taking the sheet mask out, the product from the mask dripped everywhere on my floor which was annoying but once I put it on my face it was bearable, it still dripped a bit from the chin so I payed my head flat and that helped. Because of the amount of product on there too, it did slip a bit. I left the mask on for 25 minutes as instructed and once I took it off and washed my face with warm water, my face felt tighter and very smooth, as if the vitamins had actually been locked into my skin, good thing? I think so!

Seeing as my first Birchbox was so successful, I will definitely be keeping my subscription to it! I cant wait to see whats inside March! Would you like me to keep doing unboxings like this? Please leave a comment below! Do you have any beauty subscriptions?

4 comments

  1. I've never been too keen on face masks either! The eyeshadow looks lush though, great post and writing style xxx

    The Frugal Teen | http://thefrugalteen.wixsite.com/thefrugalteen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eyeshadow is so pigmented! I definitely wont be re-purchasing the face masks though!

      Delete
  2. I used to get birchboxes but after a year I though they got a little samey - SO sad to have missed out on this one, I really want to try the spectrum brushes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? Did they send the same products or something? I'm in love with this spectrum brush! Definitely worth it x

      Delete