L'Oreal First Impressions

So a few days ago I went to Boots to get some Lucozade and ended up buying some L'Oreal products, the True match foundation, True match highlighter, The False Lash Superstar X Fiber and the True match LA Touche Magique. Seeing as I have never tried these before I thought I'd do a first impressions post.

Lets start with the L'Oreal True Match Foundation, I got the lightest shade (Rose Ivory) as I have very fair skin and it matches my skin perfectly, the description on the bottle says 'Super-blendable foundation perfectly matches skin colour and texture' Which in my opinion is true, when I popped it onto my beauty blender and onto my skin it matched it perfectly and didn't oxidise one bit. The only thing however, is I think for me it is a bit too watery? I don't know, I just felt like it wasn't giving me much coverage and I am so used to full coverage foundations that maybe I was just expecting this to be full coverage too I don't know. But I do like it, I wanted another foundation that I could use daily and wasn't breaking the bank and this is perfect for me, and I am able to build up a full coverage look with this foundation as well - even better!





I usually stick to the Collection lasting perfection concealer because it is my all time favourite concealer ever, but when I saw in Boots that they didn't have my shade, I thought to myself that I should try something new, so I got the true match concealer, it was a pain to get the product out at first as its one of those clicky ones, but once it started to come out and I applied it to my under eye, I really loved it, it did look a bit yellow at first but when I blended it it match perfectly. Again, I got the lightest shade. 

Since I ran out of my two faced better than sex mascara, which is also one of my favourite mascaras EVER. I looked at all the mascaras L'Oreal had to offer and got the False Lash Superstar X Fiber mascara. It has 2 ends one that primes the eyelashes and makes them look thicker and the second side that has 20x more fibers to add extra volume to each lash. In all honesty, when I first tried it I really didn't like the look of my eye lashes, they looked a bit clumpy and dry but when I put it on the next day, I really saw a difference for the better, my eyelashes look so volumised, with no clumps at all and I think in general, applying the mascara for the second time was so much better than the first time - this happened to my friend Holly who recommended the product, after I told her how I felt using it for the first time, she agreed with me that the first application isn't great but when you apply it regularly you do see a better result AND SHE WAS RIGHT!



And last but not least the True match highlighter in the shade Rose Glace Glow, this can be used multiple ways such as a primer for your foundation or you can mix it into your foundation to create a dewy effect. I used it as a primer and really saw a difference my skin definitely glowed! I also used it by putting a small amount on my beauty blender and just dabbing some where I would usually highlight so just on my cheek bones and blended it in a little bit and it certainly highlighted that area! I was glowing.




I really recommend all of these products and I am so glad I tried something new for a change I don't ever usually reach for L'Oreal's makeup products mainly just their skin care range but I am happy with the outcome!

What L'Oreal products do you have?

No comments